TFG Pod: Inside COVID-19’s Dramatic Impact on the NFL Draft
Just weeks ago, the NFL Draft was set to be help in glitzy Las Vegas with the fountains of the Bellagio as its backdrop. Now the NFL Draft, which begins April 23rd, will emanate from Roger Goodell’s basement.
A joint broadcast. Top draft prospects manning their own cameras without a large gathering of family and friends. It will also be a bizarre evening for agents used to be nestled to their clients on draft day.
Nicole Lynn of Young Money, who represents Jalen Hurts and Jedrick Wills among other clients, joined the TFG Pod this week to detail these strange times for her and her clients.
Included in this conversation:
- How COVID-19 has dampened marketing opportunities for draftees
- Expectations for those invited to the “virtual draft” including Wills and Hurts
- How the lightening speed process of signing undrafted free agents could be impacted by this new landscape
- Whether the NFL should have postponed the draft
- The possibility of NFL games with no fans
To learn more about Nicole Lynn, please listen to her debut on the TFG Podcast in April 2019 in which details her inspirational rise from poverty to succeeding in one of the mot male-dominated industries in existence.
We need your support! Please leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.