Memorable Words from Tom Brady, Bob Costas, Sly Stallone & more
For this week and possibly more, we bring you a rotating feature from our TFG Newsletter. The NFL is a kamikaze with coverage en masse and noteworthy words being regularly spoken as if on a conveyer belt. Piecing together some of the best quotes provides a lens into current news cycle.
– Tom Brady during the debut of his Tom vs. Time documentary.
“I’ve given my body, my everything, every bit of everything to [football] for 18 years, so if you’r going to compete against me you better be willing to give up your life.”
– From a Bill Belichick‘s press conference
Reporter: Would you say the chance to win a Super Bowl is the only thing on this earth that could get you in front of the media and inside the Mall of America at the same time?
Belichick: That’s probably a pretty good analysis; yeah
– Brandon Marshall on the Patriots run on Inside the NFL
“Eighteen years. Almost 20 years doing this together. The league is not competitive. We all should be ashamed.
– Jalen Ramsey on how to beat Tom Brady:
“Play man, put some pressure on him, mix it up. I don’t know because we didn’t beat them. I don’t know.”
– New Arizona Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks, in front of Cards ownership:
“You guys made the right decision. I really believe that.”
– Sean Payton on Drew Brees: “He’s coming back.”
Bob Costas on not being part of NBC’s Super Bowl coverage
“I have long had ambivalent feelings about football, so at this point, it’s better to leave the hosting to those who are more enthusiastic about it.”
Finally, the original Philly underdog