At TFG our goal is simple: give every female NFL fan a place to enjoy fun, sophisticated and topical content from sharp analysis to unique interviews to hard-hitting opinion columns and beyond. We don’t do pink and recipes. We normalize the female fan experience.
Come join our growing community:
We are always open to quality pitches that fit within our mission and tone. This is a wide space that could include anything from first-person commentary on some corner of football to unique x’s and o’s analysis (on trends, not here’s what to look for on Thursday Night Football) to a feature that marries football with society, culture or politics. (For example: How Trumpian is your NFL Team? ) Any subject that particularly sings to female fans without being patronizing is a bonus.
Please send pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Social Media Editor-Writer (NOTE: This position has been filled)
TheFootballGirl.com is seeking a PT Editor! Founded by Melissa Jacobs, former ESPN producer and NFL Editor for SI.com, TFG is already recognized as the pre-eminent NFL website for women. Now we are looking to take things to the next level by growing across all digital media platforms (social, newsletter, podcasts, and traditional web). This is a unique opportunity to obtain rich, hands on experience in the independent digital media space and be an essential part of our growth.
This position will be largely focused on social media expansion, but the ideal candidate is a dynamic jill or jack-of-all-trades who can take on other roles as needed such as writing news reactions, editing freelancers, curating newsletter content and podcast promotion. No two days are ever the same!
- Love and knowledge of all aspects of NFL football
- Social media savant – experience producing fun, original social content, parsing social analytics, understanding trends
- Strong writer who can produce prose on everything from the intersection of sports and politics to x’s and o’s and all the quirkiness in between
- Some experience working on the editorial side in digital media
- Experience working with a content management system, particularly WordPress
- Highly creative idea generator
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Proficient in photo editing and/or video editing
- Podcasting experience
- Being an awesome, fun person with a sense of (creative) adventure
Note: This a part-time, seasonal position with some flexibility in hours but a focus on some weekday mornings (Eastern Time zone) and possibly Sundays. Pay will be commensurate with experience. Much opportunity for growth.
Please send note of interest, including your resume plus favorite and least favorite thing about the NFL, to email@example.com